STRIPPING & WAXING VCT OF FLOORS
We have the experience and skills necessary to tackle just about every type of job that comes our way. With Bonds Janitorial Services, clients know exactly what to expect - professionalism, efficiency and exceptional results.
Stripping a Vinyl Composite Tile (VCT) floor of old wax, soil and debris, and applying fresh coats of wax is a labor intensive process. However, when performed right your VCT floors will have a nice shine to them leaving a much better appearance than before.
While there are many steps involved to properly strip and wax a VCT floor, it is imperative that the team performing the restorative process has the right equipment, products, and experience.
If you are seeking a strip and wax of your VCT floor then below are five helpful tips to be aware of:
1. Make sure the company hired has not just the knowledge, but also the trained experience to strip and wax VCT floors. Your VCT floor should not be a testing environment.
2. Make sure the right equipment is being used. Is the company using the same mop bucket and ringer for the stripping agent, neutralizer, and wax solution? (a big no-no — each item needs to be in a separate clean bucket and separate clean ringers)? Also, is the right stripping pad and RPM machine being used?
3. Is the company performing proper safety precautions? Are they wearing gloves and goggles when mixing and applying the stripping agent to the floors?
Do they have enough wet floor signs to prevent people from walking on the surface? Have they allowed enough time for the floors to dry before people can begin walking on the surface once the final coat of wax has been laid down?
4. Has the company allowed enough dwell time for the stripping solution? Also, has the company properly diluted the stripping solution with the right amount of water before applying to the floors?
5. Is the right number of coats of wax being applied to the floor?
While these are just some key factors to keep in mind, it is best to go with a company that has the training and experience to properly strip and wax your VCT floors.